We received two letters from Tyson's mission President. One was addressed to Tyson and one was addressed to his parents.
Tyson's letter gave him advice about the weather and things he should read to prepare for his mission. Our letter was about the same. It had instructions for packing and some inspirational instructions as well. It was exciting and made it seem more real that he will be leaving soon.
We are going to have an open house for Ty's friends and family that can come on Saturday November 22nd at 7:00 at our house.
Tyson and I had a date Saturday, we went to lunch and then went shopping for his "stuff" two years is a long time and I am amazed at all the things that he will need.
We have been getting a lot of advice from friends who have and had missionaries out. I really appreciate all of their advice. We had a good time and got a lot done.
Dave and Tyson are hometeaching partners and Dave is the mission leader in our ward. So- he includes Ty in some of his missionary work. Ty has taught the Gospel Principles class a couple of times and does a great job. On Thursday they had a great day of missionary work. They got to see and talk to people that they have been trying to catch up to for over a year. They both came home excited about the gospel and missionary service. Dave said he felt like he was Tyson's first companion. We are all excited for the blessings that will come to Tyson and our family through his service and are feeling some of those effects already.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Thanks for checking out our site, I added you guys to our friends and family list, I see what you mean you are erasing things, like the picture of Tyson at his graduation :) I keep making tons of mistakes, but I figure I'm new, I need a little leeway :) I think for me the most frustrating part is how long it takes to load some pictures...I HATE waiting! It also took me awhile to figure out how to make the links on the friends and family work, for awhile whenever I clicked on them it just told me error, thatwas frustrating...but I think I finally figured that out. Good luck!
Did you know that Tyson's grad picture can still be seen if you go to the bottom and click on old post? Well you probably knew that but I thought that I would mention it just in case.
You are doing great. I love reading about your Family. Your grandson is adorable
Post a Comment